Mission, Vision & Belief
Whittier Elementary School’s purpose is to help all students learn academically and socially—to ensure that in every grade all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and dispositions deemed essential to their success.
In order to fulfill the fundamental purpose of helping all our students learn at high levels, we are dedicated to creating a school in which…
- Every teacher, parent, and student is clear on the academic and social learning expectations
- We will know when students have met learning expectations by utilizing assessments. When students have not met learning expectations, the school will have a collaborative form of successful intervention in place.
- There is a climate of high expectations for student success, and staff members communicate their high expectations to student, parents, and one another.
- A collaborative culture ensures staff members work together interdependently to better meet the needs of their students and to analyze and improve their professional practice.
- All children are validated and valued as a person, encouraged, inspired and given every opportunity to reach their potential in a safe and nurturing environment.
- All students are actively engaged in learning
- Whittier Elementary is an exciting place to be!