Working Together to Keep Our Students Safe
Due to Whittier’s large student population, it normally takes parents/guardians 10-15 minutes to move through traffic when dropping off or picking up students at school and even longer after school. To ensure the safety of our students and families during morning drop-off and dismissal, we ask that you please follow these procedures:
- Kindly follow the requests of school personnel directing traffic and pedestrians. Keep in mind that our priority is to ensure everyone is safe!
- Pull all the way forward when dropping off and/or picking up students at the bus loading/unloading zone. At dismissal, a staff member will meet you at your vehicle and take the name of your child to have him/her called on the megaphone.
- Have your student(s) enter and exit the vehicle from the right.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended at the bus loading/unloading zone. If you must leave your vehicle, please find an available parking space.
- Never park on the Red Zones, Double Park, or block vehicles in the parking lot.
- Please give school buses priority to enter the school’s parking lot and park in the bus loading/unloading zone.
- Parents and students ALWAYS use the crosswalks- never walk across the middle of the parking lot.
We ask that you please be patient and maintain a positive attitude.
We thank you in advance for helping to keep ALL Whittier's students safe.
Whittier Elementary School Administration